Are you looking to get back into shape before hitting the slopes this winter? Here are a few of our favorite exercises to prepare for skiing/snowboarding this year:
- Wall Sits: This exercise will focus on endurance of the Quadriceps muscle which is important for a long day of skiing/snowboarding!
- Calf Raises: This exercise will build gastroc and soleus strength, needed for good control of your skis/snowboard, as well as helping with any jumps/tricks.
- Depth Jumps: This is a great plyometric exercise to help develop explosive strength in your legs, as well as working on a soft landing to prevent injury.
- Lunges with Rotation: This exercise will further improve Quadriceps strength while incorporating additional core strength/stability.
- Squats on the Bosu Ball: This exercise will build Quadriceps strength while incorporating balance to facilitate improved neuromuscular control.
- Side Planks/ Planks with Abduction: This exercise will help to build core strength/stability, as well as Gluteus Medius strength (in your hips).
- Lateral Jumps: This exercise will facilitate improved strength and agility, which is beneficial when trying to tackle steeper and more difficult terrain.